Smoby, the number one French toy manufacturer
Smoby kids grow up while playing and creating their own stories. They develop their imagination thanks to their toys. Multispecialist (preschool, role play, dolls & accessories, art & craft, outdoor games, wheeled toys and table football), Smoby’s offer answers as well kids needs as adults ones.
Growing up has never been so much fun!
Accompany children through each step of their development, offering innovative toys, with fun, educational values and emotion, while helping them to discover the world.
Make products with nice design & modern colours that develop the child imagination without forgetting the ethnical aspect.
SMOBY stands for:
- Ergonomic toys with lots of entertainment value
Developed by French designers.
- Safe play experience
We use materials that are not hazardous to the health. All products conform to European toy safety regulations.
- Healthy development
Through age-appropriate toys that stimulate and help to develop the senses.
- Excellent workmanship and durability
Through the use of high-quality materials, combined with the latest production methods.
- Committed to the environment
We use recycled material to protect resources. Implementation of a sustainable development policy, in order to reduce the environmental impact for future generations. Work recognizes by the ISO 50001 certification on July, 20th 2015.
- Ergonomic toys with lots of entertainment value
- 1924: The company is founded in Lavans-les-Saint-Claude, France, under the name Moquin-Breuil, originally specialising in the manufacture of wooden pipes.
- 1947: After the Second World War the company changes over to the production of plastic household goods.
- 1978: Renamed Smoby. Start of toy production.
- 2003-2005: Acquisition of toy companies Lardy, Monneret, Majorette, Solido and Berchet.
- 2007: Smoby-Majorette starts to incur losses and files for bankruptcy protection. Insolvency proceedings are instituted.
- 2008: The SIMBA DICKIE GROUP receives the go-ahead to take over parts of the former Smoby SA from the Commercial Court in the Jura. The new Smoby Toys SAS is founded. The company's head office remains in France.
- 2009: Smoby Toys makes their first appearance at the Nuremberg Toy Fair as a new subsidiary of the SIMBA DICKIE GROUP.
- Today Smoby Toys is once again one of the leading manufactures in the areas of outdoor, role play, preschool toys and wheeled toys.
Made in France
Established in Lavans les St Claude, in its historical headquarter, Smoby takes advantage of the plastic manufacturing cradle (guarantee creativity, quality and optimal completion for a full playful comfort). 70% of our production leave our Jurassian manufactures. There, in the idyllic village of Arinthod, the Smoby products are manufactured in one of the Europe's most modern toy factories in an area of 40,000 square meters.
Perfect workmanship and long durability
Smoby designs, develops and produces tricycles and strollers for dolls into its Spanish manufacture in Alicante, expert since 1942 in metal, plastic processing and fabric work. This savoir-faire, Smoby refines it thanks to the acquisition of the French tricycle specialist Charton through Berchet in 2005. Now, Smoby tricycles are ingenious and adapted for children needs and parents.
The CE mark (Communauté Européenne) indicates that a product conforms to the minimum requirements of the applicable EU directives. Every manufacturer must affix the CE mark to all products that fall within the scope of EU directives (e.g. toys). For more information please visit: http://www.tuv.com/ Affixing the GS safety mark (GS/geprüfte Sicherheit = tested safety) is optional. Used in the fields of consumer and industrial safety, its purpose is to guarantee that products comply with the technical safety requirements and are tested and monitored regularly by an independent approved body. The award is regulated by the German Equipment and Product Safety Act (GPSG: Geräte- und Produktsicherheitsgesetz). Smoby has its products tested for safety by certified GS test centre LNE (Laboratoire National de Métrologie et d'Essais) in Paris. Most of the Smoby range is developed, designed and produced in France. Based in the Jura region of France, the cradle of the French toy, the expertise of Smoby employees is beyond compare and guarantees an optimum level of creativity, quality and workmanship for maximum entertainment and user friendliness. High quality materials and the latest manufacturing methods guarantee the highest quality. The Smoby production site for the tricycle range, prams and metal swings is in Alicante, Spain. Quality and "Made in Europe" expertise also stand for excellent product characteristics and long-lasting entertainment. Thanks to the use of masterbatchs (colour granules) with high UV stability, Smoby products don't fade and remain stable even after long periods of exposure to sunlight.